Former Students with Past Due Balances

Help With ...
Submit Case
Contact Us

Former Students are known as students who have not been enrolled at the University for at least 6 months and have an unpaid prior term tuition and fee balance still due. We also assist students that have outstanding balances for Perkins/Nursing/Institutional/Donor loans that paid for any part of their UM education.

Quick Facts

  • Former students with a financial hold must make arrangements to pay in full prior to future enrollment at the University.
  • Delegates/Proxies
    • AR Collect does not allow delegates/proxies to make payments for student balances
    • Students not enrolled for 12 months or more will have their CaneLink access disabled along with their respective delegate/proxy
    • ECSI does not have CaneLink delegate/proxy information. Please contact ECSI (contact information provided below) to gain access to your student's account.
  • For additional information please visit our FAQ page here.

Payment Options

  1. Online Payments
    • CaneLink - students with an active CaneID can log in to make online payments
  2. AR Collect -
    • You are eligible pay via AR Collect if your past due balance is greater than $500 and you have not been enrolled at the University for over 12 months.
    • You have the option to pay your balance in full or enroll in a payment plan.
    • The payment plan will include a $30 non-refundable enrollment fee.
    • Payment choices include ACH (eCheck) or Credit Card (subject to a service fee)
    • Your CaneID and Date of Birth are required to log into the AR Collect portal (if you do not know your CaneID, please contact Student Accounts)
    • For a step-by-step guide to create an account, please click here.
  3. ECSI - Click here to login or to create your account and arrange payments online 

Contact Information

We are available to assist with the following inquiries:

  • Past due Balances
  • Payment Options
  • Financial Holds
  • AR Collect Payment Plans
  • ECSI Loans: Forbearance, Bankruptcy, Credit Bureau, Cancellations, Paid in Full Letters, Rehabilitation Options, and more.
  • Perkins Loan Assignments and Balances


Additional Contacts

If you have questions specifically for our loan servicer, please contact them directly. 

ECSI Loan Servicer

Students with Perkins/Nursing/Institutional/Donor loans unpaid. Please contact ECSI if you have any questions on how to create your account, login online, or make payment arrangements.

Phone: (888)549-3274

Department of Education - Perkins Loans

Student with Perkins Loans assigned to the Department of Education (DOE) will be required to contact the DOE directly for loan balance, repayment, and additional information regarding the loan.

Phone: (866)313-3797
Office Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.